View Single Post
Old 09-22-2007, 11:32 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4795 (Sold)
Not Ranked     
Lightbulb $600 per year, arrive & drive program!

I see that a lot of people have continuous problems getting/keeping their cars running.

I have come across a system that's kind'a like one of those fly & race, Cobra series. Where they move & prep your Cobra for you at each different track, you just show up and race.

So far this is working for me & I thought I'd throw it out there for others to consider.

1. Find a reputable 'local' engine builder. Preferably someone with fe experience. Get them to build or buy your engine for you (even if your buying the engine from somewhere else), they can usually get it at 'wholesale' and give it to you at the same price anyway. They make a little on the sale.

2. Negotiate a set price for regular maintenance visits. I have a 'oil change & valve adjustment' every 3000 miles for $300.

I get a complete maintenance inspection, by a pro, twice a year for $600. He can look for little problems before they become big problems. My guy just found a cracked distributer cap, before it left me dead somewhere!

For me it's like having a AAA card, I don't even change a tire on this thing.

$600 a year is not a bad price to pay for one year of hassel free Cobra driving, IMHO!

jdog