View Single Post
Old 09-24-2007, 02:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA Cobra 20 427 ERA GT 2075 SVT Cobra 2003 Shelby GT 500 2007
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlr8or
I understand where you are coming from on the comments about Peter/ERA. I was commenting on "It is clearly not an authorize use of the US Army Internet" comment you made
Browsing the web is a service provided to them and is not unauthorized in most cases. It's not the military comm systems or other combat systems being used. They have PC's available at the bases for people to use for internet access and as a means to communicate with family/friends at home as well as browse the web.
You have two type of access one should be fairly open to communicate with family and friends around the base and the other is official. Those are restricted to "reduce" the fooling around and avoid picking up spyware/adware and other nice stuff like in any industry. I do not think he was using the family and friends because it was restricting to some "harmless" sites. The equipment that he was using is his work computer and this is the unauthorized use.