View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 01:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 Slabside Early Comp Car with 289 Webers and all the goodies. Cancelling the efforts of several Priuses
Not Ranked     
Default Additional Current info as of today

I called and spoke to the tech department at Kendall today (9/25). The fellow was very cordial and free with information once he realized I wasn't an EPA spy (!) .
Regading the lack of Zinc which has been on a slow decline for about 8 years with the biggest hit in the last year according to him he suggested this:
http://tds.econocophillips.com/catal...0TDS%20Web.pdf

It has a very high zinc content (1450 PPM of ZDDP) and is compatible with gasoline engines, ideal for high spring pressures in flat tappet cam engines.

This was their response to an Email inquiry prior to my conversation:

Quote:
Current ZDDP levels in the 10W-40 viscosity grade are 770 ppm. For engines equipped with flat tappet cams you will want a product with a higher concentration of ZDDP. I recommend going with the Kendall Super-D 3 in either 10W-30 or 15W-40. The ZDDP levels of these products are 1450 ppm which is sufficient protection for flat tappet cam equipped engines.

As you slide down the Banister of Life, may the splinters never be pointing the wrong way

Last edited by Rick Parker; 09-25-2007 at 06:09 PM..