View Single Post
Old 09-30-2007, 03:41 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt
Bill, were most of these accidents "driver error" or were a significant portion the result of a Cobra being hit by the "other guy?"
Both, as I've seen what happens with these cars in a chain reaction where they are caught in the middle, or sometimes are the fifth or sixth car in a chain reaction. I've seen cars that have rolled over, spun and hit things while going backwards and forwards (trees, parked cars, guardrails at Watkins Glen , telephone poles, etc and so forth) with some truly horrifying (and some surprising) results. As stated elsewhere, the wrecks I've seen of these cars in side hits anywhere near the drivers compartment scare the living cr*p out of me and I'm thankful that they were all passenger side hits without any passengers in the cars when it happened. I have yet to see a side hit on the drivers side of any Cobra replicas (again at the drivers compartment), although I do remember one original Cobra from back in the early 80's that was hit by a 77 or 78 Lincoln Versilles (think Ford Granada with extra bling attached) where the driver spent three weeks in the hospital, and the car to the best of my knowledge is still sitting in his garage awaiting the day he expects to restore it (no it is not for sale, but when it becomes available I have first dibs )......

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS