View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 10:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     

Yep, check for the reaction disk first.

Having said that I know both RMC and G-force ( and possibly other full Jag based suspension) suffer unbalanced braking. It is almost as if the rear brakes aren't working well and/or too much front brake or both. and....

It gets worse if you track your car in any way. The front brakes will keep locking up but the rear brakes will just go away.

There was an editorial in Snake tales a few years ago which details the efforts some went to correct the unbalanced nature of RMC brakes.

My take on this is that the jag rear brakes live in a column of hot air from the tunnel so don't cool well enough and the front calipers are just too big.

The rear can be helped by fitting vented rotors. ( available as a kit from Spieri jag in Victoria) and the front by swopping the huge cast iron, very heavy jaguar front calipers for something lighter. (Nissan 4 spot for instance). The nissan pads are a little smaller in area than the Jags.

There are other options but these seem to be the popular ( read affordable) options.

One other thing I'm eager to check this time around is the weight transfer during braking. In it's earlier guise my car would just lock the front wheels even from a slow speed with little pedal effort. The car just sat level with no noticeable weight transfer. It made me wonder whether I had over sprung the thing.

My thoughts this time is to use lighter springs, see what happens and work from there.

Cheers

Last edited by Rebel1; 10-05-2007 at 12:34 AM..