View Single Post
Old 10-08-2007, 08:22 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF w/392CI stroker
Not Ranked     

Warren, I have to share this story with you (and others).

About 6 months ago I had a McLeod scattershield and new clutch installed by a reputable local shop that does a lot of Superformance cars. I had removed the seat tracks and fabricated my own brackets so that I could gain the maximum amount of leg room. As most here know, the best way to perform tranny/clutch work on these cars is to remove the seats and tranny tunnel. Well, after the shop got it all together the seat just never felt the same. I've been living with it since then, as I had other mechanical maladies I had to work on. That was until yesterday afternoon and this thread.

I pulled the seat yesterday, tightened up my homemade bracket, and reset everything (eliminated the washer stack and used your adjustable idea) so that the seat leaned back the way it should. WOW! I think I even have a little more leg room than what I originally started with! It is really amazing how much a degree or two of leanback will create copius amounts of additional knee room under the dash.

This is a MUST DO mod for anyone at least 6'1" or taller, and should also work for non-SPF cars as well.

-Dean