View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 05:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival #3199. 366ci L76, T56 6 speed, Blue circle custom paint, Australias most original cobra 2009-2010
Not Ranked     
Default Understanding my bits....L76 and T56

Well Ive been accumulating bits and pieces at an alarming rate at present - so much so that the bits are accumulating much faster then I can put them in (whats new hey!)

I have a few questions. firstly what is this 5 pin connection just below the rear of the intak manifold. There is no matching connection on the harness. (also what is the outlet covered by the red plug\breather?)

What is this plug for. I have the ecu pinouts, but I cant figure out what this one is - the location would suggest it could be the MAF, but the connector and wire colours are all wrong. I even acosted a VZ thunder ute owner in the carpark at Jaycar the other day and asked to look under his bonnet (nicely) - it seems to dissapear behind the left headlight somewhere? If its not the MAF (which Im pretty sure it isnt) then is the MAF connection part of the body harness wiring (it does come in through connector J1) Doesnt make sence as a few of the sensors that are wired into the engine harness go out into the body harness and back in through J1 - why then wouldnt the MAF?

Onto my gearbox. Im going to attempt the Aussie Mike shifter mod - and my first peak into it Im feeling relatively confident - its a brilliant method (you should be congratulated once again for PIONEERING THAT ONE MIKE ) The one thing that has me stuffed is I think I may have 2 reverse lockout solenoids - out at the middle hatch and one at the rear. There is only one connection on the harness, and the matching connection on the solenoids looks the same, just a different colour.

Middle:

rear:

Seems odd. (or Im just stupid which is more likely)