View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 06:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

I think that connector on the front of the valley plate is for the Diplacement on demand control. Ask Phil N about it when you se him next. There are a bunch of solenoid valves in the valley that control oil flow to the lifters so the ECU can shut down 4 of the 8 cylinders. I don't believe it's used on Aussie engines.

The Solenoid on the rear extension housing is the reverse lock out. The one on the detent box is the CAGS solenoid (Computer Aided Gear Selection). When activated by the ECU the solenoid pops out into a little track in the side of the detent block on the shift rail. This forces the shift to slide across from the 2nd gear to 3rd gear gates as you push the shifter up (it could be 4th to 5th gates, I can't quite remeber since I've only had a couple of this type through my shed) . From reports I've read the system doesn't work very well and most tuners disable it. That solenoid is usually only the US boxes or early T56 boxes. On the Aussie T56 the casting where the solenoid screws in hasn't been machined.

Cheers