View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 03:06 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427 S.O. Dual Quad / Cobra undecided
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ Dickey
I guess I'm looking at this a little differently, as it appears to me that Shelby is trying to disassociate himself with Unique Performance, as they have apparently been pissing off a lot of customers. There are several websites out there where guys are trying to get a class action rolling against them:

www.uniqueperformancescam.com
www.fixeleanor.com

I consider this a good move and would do it if I was Shelby. Since Unique Performance were the ones building all the cars and taking all the orders, how did Shelby leave them "holding the bag"?
Russ I think you are right in the sense that Shelby should disassociate themselves from such a troubled scenario, except for one thing.

What about the customers that shelled out 100-200K for an automobile based on Shelby's "alliance" and the Shelby name associated with this company.
Is it OK to suddenly ignore those who had confidence that the Shelby name offered the appearance of a valid product an company?
What of the Shelby name that attracted some of these customers to do business?

I read that Chip Foose isn't bailing out but wants to offer those that have paid out some serious money some form of satisfaction.
Remember there was something in this agreement for Shelby as well, (money? ya' think?) and when things start getting stinky they appear to be scurrying for a bail out.
I have been unable to find any information or statements from Shelby pertaining to helping those people who are getting screwed.

If a company is like Shelby is accepting residuals or fees for an affiliation with Unique, and things don't work out as planned, they too should bear some of the brunt of responsibility as well.

So, yeah, in my way of thinking, that type of "distancing" is leaving someone else holding the "bag"