View Single Post
Old 08-24-2001, 06:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Sputhern Automotive

I just want those on this forum to know that Southern Automotive has been a real joy to work wit in the building and installation of my new motor. The Parhams worked with me on every facet of the design of my new 347 Stroker--Bill offered lots of valuable advice, most of which I took and some of which I overruled. The result was just the motor I had envisioned at a fair price. While the engine was easy for SA, the installation was not. Bill agreed to "drop" in the motor without having seen my slightly unique Unique. As a consequence, he ran into a gazillion unexpected little twists but kept his sense of humor. He enlisted Alan and Maurice of Unique in solving a few of the problems (everyone knows how great the folks at Unique are) and the result was, from my perspective, awesome.

With a single plane manifold, solid lifters and a very trick Holley built by Bill himself, this motor is barely streetable--EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED!!! I can get away with this setup due to my low rear gears. According to my G-tech, o-60 comes up in 4.07 seconds on the street T/A's. Not bad for a small block.

Once again, I would not hesitate to recommend Bill and SA to anyone needing a great motor at a very fair price.

Rick