Thread: Tanks
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 07:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: early Contemporary Cobra (1005), 67 Shelby GT350 with Inline carb on a Boss 302
Not Ranked     

I will send you some jpegs from the CAD files I have. The tank is .060" and weighs 35#, I originally designed it for .048" SS but the vendor wanted to use .060". My cost was $600 and I supplied the unique SS parts like the NPT bushings for inlet and vent and filler neck. I used a 5.0 Mustang GT vent valve and grommet and vent the highest part of the tank to the fuel filler neck. This is also Mustang GT so the pressurized cap fits under the Lemans cap and there is no danger of spilling gas in a roll-over. There is a nut plate welded inside for a Smiths fuel sender. The baffle in the center has an opening at the bottom and a spill-way on top. I had mounting ears welded on, but those can be deleted if using the factory straps to mount. It can be made wider for greater than 19 gallon capacity, I didn't do this because I am routing under-the-car exhaust and wanted the tank flush with the frame to give me room for tail pipes. Nick, I haven't seen your shop, but I would suggest you make and source all the unique parts and do the welding. My vendor Wrobel can laser cut and form pretty efficiently if you want to check them out.
Art