View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 05:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 Slabside Early Comp Car with 289 Webers and all the goodies. Cancelling the efforts of several Priuses
Not Ranked     
Default Hood clearance for Webers

I have noticed since I installed the Webers that when I shut the hood after tweaking them, the idle drops a little. I didn't give it much thought until today. I have been chasing an irregular very slight miss that I hear while cruising at 2800 RPM and above. Today I started thinking about the hood scoop opening cut into the hood. I took some measurements and it appears that the leading edge of the hood opening under the scoop is straight accross the center of the Carb stacks on each of the two front carbs and about 1/2" or less above the stack itself. After giving it some thought maybe this is causing very poor airflow for the two front Carbs. I think I wll relieve the front edge of the scoop opening by about 2 1/2" and radius the corners. The width is 11" which seems like more than enough.

Comments

As you slide down the Banister of Life, may the splinters never be pointing the wrong way