View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 03:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk I, 5L Windsor, TKO 600, enhanced Jag / Koni suspension & LSD Diff.
Not Ranked     

Bobby et al

Haven't had a chance to drive mine at serious speed but just too had alignment prior to my engineering visit on Friday with the following outcomes:

Before After
Castor: L +1.33 R 2.34 L +2.41 R 2.30

Camber: L -0.07 R -0.24 L -0.31 R-0.49

Toe In L 4.0 R 3.7 Tot 7.7mm L 1.5 R 1.6 Tot 3.1mm

Had requested Castor 3.0 degrees and Toe 3mm and would live with whatever camber for the moment, as front is so far up in the air for clearance with 50 series tyres it looks like a 4WD at the front.

My guy's been at this 25 years so I had some confidence. Definitely felt more sensitive on the road but still stable. Would agree toe out is for race cars, makes direction changes much faster with the loss of stability. Do you want this for a road car Bobby? Is your guy a race car tuner?

Its the same issue for castor, heaps of caster helps in turning stability but without power steering you have to be superman from 6 or so degrees onwards, at park speeds anyway - don't you Mike!!

I'd like to get to about 4 degrees castor and - 1 degree camber and lowering the front will all help after engineering. However I do have S1 uppers and have run out of adjustment.

It took my fellow some time and jiggling to tweek what I've got in terms of camber 10 minutes extra left and only 3 extra right ie bugger all.

Knowing of the G Force / RMC rear axle alignment issue he was able to indicate my car has rear toe as L -1.5mm R +2.3mm but one or two turns on the left rose joint will give about equal toe in.

He said this helps compensate camber in cornering and improve stability and grip somewhat in corner ie achieve more tyre face to road in corner (all marginal stuff of course).

I too would like to hear about the changes to handling if you hit 4 degrees castor.

Cheers