View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 03:20 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2002 Lone Star Classics LS427, 428 CJ engine stroked to 464, 580hp/590tq at flywheel
Not Ranked     
Default Wheel options - Lone Star

Man - everyone must be mad at me. Just cause I been Vipering it for a while. I had 48 hits and no responces on the general discussion forum. Here is what I had posted - at least tell me if my thinking on the backspacing is correct. I need to get some street wheels so I can drive my Cobra - road race slicks suck on the street!

"I run a set of Boyd Coddington's on my car - 17 x 9.5 - 4.75 BS and 17 x 8 - 4.25BS. I run 315s on rear and I think 245 on front. Anyway the 9.5 inch have always been a little narrow for the 315s. I have mounted a set of slicks on the BC wheels and now use them for nothing but the track. I wanted to order a set of street wheels in 10.5 " and wanted the Vintage Wheels. I called Bob and he cannot do them without the wheels being about 1 inch wider to the outside than what I have now. My 315s are already out towards the outside edge of the fender so I don't want that.

Any suggestions on other brands? I really don't want to have to narrow the rearend.

Also, am I thinging about this correctly - if I go to a 10.5" and want to keep the outside edge of tire/wheel where it is now I need a 5.75 backspace?"