Thread: Sb100 Process
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 09:21 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

I apologize for stealing this thread, but I have a question about my DMV appointment yesterday. The DMV office I chose has some experience with the SB100 process, based upon my research here on the CC Forum. The DMV clerk was familiar with the concept of SB100, but she kept having to walk around the DMV to ask various people questions. Based on info I received from CC, I had to help her navigate the steps involved although I'm no expert. The supervisor was out on maternity leave, but I do plan to meet with her a couple of weeks before the end of the year.

Anyway, I just purchased my Cobra and immediately made my appointment to start the process. I have no engine or transmission yet. I gave them all the forms (MSO, 5036 and 343) and paid my taxes and fees. They gave me all the forms back, took my money, gave me a 90-day TOP (thru January 2008) and a CHP VIN assignment form with a receipt labeled "incomplete registration." Aren't they supposed to keep some of this paperwork? I don't want to show up on 1st business day of the New Year and be be behind the 8-ball. Your help will be sincerely appreciated. Thank you.