View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 11:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default rumor control--has SAAC lost its use of Shelby name?

I saw this on another forum and imported it as I saw it. I haven't tried to reach my buddy who is at the SEMA show to see if it's true. But if it is, it has far reaching consequences. F'instance, what will happen to the upcoming Registers that people paid for in advance? Who will produce a magazine?'
What will be the name of the former SAAC? What about the status of the next convention? It's way past April 1st so I know it's not an April Fool's joke..but like to hear what the far reaching implications of this is, if indeed it's true...
--------------------------------------------------------------

Bob Gaines

Important Shelby News out of SEMA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK guys and gals this has been a big week for news at SEMA . I was talking to Amy Boylan at Shelby and she said that Shelby Automobles has just released that they will NOT renew SAAC's contract with them and as of Feb of 08 the contract is ended. This could mean a lot of things but what I do know so far is that the people running S291 club that was started earlier this year for the late model Shelbys will be running the new " Team Shelby". Both the new and the old will be rolled up in one. They are telling SAAC to return all of the old paperwork and files.I don't know any of the other implications like the SAAC name or what else.It will be interesting to see how this unfolds . A change is coming for better or for worse. I just hope some of the invaluable people from SAAC (and there are MANY) can somehow be incorporated into this new assoiciation. www.teamshelby.com says that team shelby will be the only RECOGNIZED Shelby club and doesn't go into the anything about SAAC. It says the new inity will start up on Shelbys birthday Jan 11 08. I am a little uneasy about this change and hope it goes smoothly(yeah right).