View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 12:05 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

SAAC is kind of like a 'fan club', all the big names of whatever business/entertainment have them. Sometimes the fan clubs are SO good the person they honor helps them out, encourages them, it's good for business on both sides. Sometimes the celebrity has to pull the plug on his/her support for some reason.

The Harry Potter author recently did that to a fan club she used to support, now she is suing them. There 'on line' activities were one thing, now there publishing a book about Potter, they crossed the line, she sues. No doubt it will piss of a lot of people, but her point is she has to protect her intellectual property and publishing rights. The guys that run the Web Site could potentially make a LOT of money off the book. That money won't go to the 'fans' or Rowling, they are making money off HER fame with no return. I wonder if SAAC is in a similiar situation, someone making a lof money, but not Shelby, not the fans. I don't know...

How, if, where and when SAAC crossed the Shelby line I have no idea, but this kind of action is not uncommon.

Last edited by Excaliber; 11-01-2007 at 12:18 PM..