View Single Post
Old 08-27-2001, 03:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: VICTORY, 92 C.I., belt drive, saddle bags.
Not Ranked     
Unhappy P/O Strikes Again...

Oh My God. The findings are in from Northwest Differential.

Crime Lab Report: It is a Ford 9" open differential with 3.50 gears, not the 3.73 I was told. All internal gears have rust spots from the time spent in a junk yard, most likely under a 1974 to 1976 full size Bronco. It was narrowed and reassembled with the old tired ring and pinion, side spider gears, and other used assorted items. The axles splines were 28 not 31, and may not have been properly hardened after being modified for the narrowing. There were no inner axle seals, just gobs of RTV.

Damage Report: Everything is Wheat Toast. The side spider gears may have started failing some time ago. A couple teeth were missing on the ring and pinion. The drive axle spline was sheared off.

Corrective Action Report: New everthing (sans housing), Detroit TruTrac, 31 tooth spline axles (custom built), and assorted materials. Puke up only $1650 and I'm back in business. Oh, they plan to have it done for me on Thursday as well.... its a big weekend I may have to spend with Rich since the spouse is going to boot me out on this one for sure.

Geeze this is a hoot. This car is going to make the next owner feel real good. No bad-mouthing this P/O.

NEXT.......