View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 10:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, 427
Not Ranked     

What'saCobra,

Thank you very much for the compliments...although they are not deserved. We did not make the car in the photo. (We DID make the Jaguar bonnet, however). We tried to keep a lid on this, but that obviously didn't happen so I might as well stop the rumor mill as much as possible.

Though I'd very much like to claim the car as my own creation, I can't. The car was made by McCluskey. That is why it is so beautiful. If you see one of these cars in real life it will make you stop in your tracks. You will have to remember to breathe.

It became available and so we picked it up. If you look closely at the photo, you can see the lines that are all over the car like Spider Man had paid a visit. The lines are actually digitizing lines so we can get an iges of the car. (An iges is a CAD model). We are almost complete with the digitizing. Mike, of course, makes an extremely accurate car as he has restored a good chunk of the original cars.

As for roof lines, etc. we will every so subtly modify the roof line according to Peter Brock's original wishes. Peter and I are good friends. We email constantly and regularly. We have for years. Peter told me how he originally wanted the roof to be slightly higher in the rear for taller drivers.

That is a good question. I have (what I hope to be) a good answer. We will offer the car both ways. People who want a car like an original can have that--leaf springs and all. People who want the 427 coil-sprung chassis can have that as well. So far, almost all the requests are for coil-sprung chassis cars.

Igofastr,

I think there is a big barrier there as well. Also, as I sit here and add up numbers it may not be possible to sell them at $99,995. As the dollar falls, our prices go up in Poland. I do appreciate your comments!

David
"Fear is the thief of dreams."