View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 10:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via Yahoo to Joe Wicked
Not Ranked     

All the above is accurate, but I think the controlling interest part goes back to a couple of years ago, when she made Jr. get a contract. Dale Sr. never had a contract for his son. He told his son (according to Jr), you will always have a car here, this team is as much yours as it is mine. When Teresa started treating him like just another employee, he could not take it any more and demanded controlling interest because he saw it as she was ruining his fathers company. Her view is that she is doing what is necessary in order to continue the company, and the truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Maybury
He is showing some class by not bad-mouthing anyone.
Will Budweiser still be the pimary sponsor of his new car?

This is completely off topic but I get a chuckle out of the term "car of tomorrow". It is a spec race car that NASCAR will be using beginning next year. The rear wing looks like something you would expect to see on a ricer. They sure do get lots of HP out of a relatively small push rod engines however.

Wayne
Jr will be driving the #88 Mountain Dew/Amp Energy Drink Car.
The "Car of Tomorrow" name has stuck since the testing on it began 2 years ago. They have used it in a lot of races this year already and it will be full time next year. The whole design was supposed to be around safety, and the wing plays into it. The big difference in the wing compared to a ricer wing is this one is actually designed to be 100% functional on the car it is on, at the speeds it is being used unlike the rear wing on a front wheel drive car.