View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 12:18 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster 351W, T5, Red & White
Not Ranked     

My understanding is Dale' Jr's sister actively guided him during his youth and moved to the same community that the military school is in.To this day, she continues to be his full time Business Manager having resigned from a Corporate position in Human Resources.

As DEI,( Incorporated ) Dale SR, must have had ( assumption ) within the Corporate by-laws a survior clause which gave his wife , upon his death , the controlling intertest, i.e. 50.1 % or more. Dale JR wanted the 50.1% or more, but who knows, maybe he still has a fractional intetest in DEI.

Dale JR, to his credit, came to the defense of his step mother. Basically, I can comment but that does not give the press and others the right to make negative comments.

After a disastrous 2007 with the multiple DNF, can only speculate where JR would be in the Chase rankings. With Rick Hendrick, a clean start for 2008, with probably the best equipment and personnel in the Cup series.

Had JR gone with Richard Childress, who continues to lease the number, and drove the black #8, he would have missed the opportunity to establish his own legacy. I " think " the 88 was his grandfather's number ?

Wonder how much sharing there will be in 2008 between the 24, 48 and 88