View Single Post
Old 08-29-2001, 01:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 327 Corvette powered Healey 100-4
Not Ranked     
Default The Great 1000 mile Oregon Cobra Cruise

Well, the big cruise to Eagle Crest has come and gone– 3 days and 1000 miles– and I can say without hesitation that it was the most fun I've had in a car since high school, if you get my drift. I realize most of what we experienced falls into the "ya had ta be there!" catagory but sufice to say, it was a non-stop blast from end to end. The route was fantastic, the Oregon group were just great people and made us feel right at home, the cars performed beautifully and the company was the best (in the form of Keith and Patti Vincent and Bish and his indescribably hilarious English [maybe some day future son-in-law] Adam).

I hope someone with a decent camera will post some pix for you. All we had were a couple of those turn-m-in plastic underwater jobs that SeaDoo gave us with our jet boat about 5 years ago…"ah they'll work just fine honey!"

A lasting memory that I will take to my grave is blasting along at 80+ mph, in a Cobra, in 100 degree heat, through country that looked for all the world like Rt 66/No. Arizona (btwn the Columbia and Yakima on hwy 97), my wife grinning from ear to ear and in the company of some very fun loving good friends.

It just gets no better! We gotta do this again next summer people.

Walt

PS: be sure ask Keith to arrange one of his famous 'closed winery tours' for you sometime.