Old 11-18-2007, 08:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merv and Sharon
Graeme,

My advice would be to buy a rolling chassis that is started maybe, but most of all you 'buy' the person who supplies the kit/components. Their support, advice and honesty are critical dimensions. The building process is also well supported by the members of this forum. Their assistance is really invaluable. Cobra 'replicas' or recreations are fun to build as the possibilities for customising to your suitability are endless. The kit field is changing rapidly in Australia and overseas and the big changes are in use of modern suspension systems, brakes and power units. No longer is it necessary to use a significant volume of donor parts as many parts are new or made for purpose. I believe that there was a recent forum discussion about a question similar to yours and that may be worth reading through.

Best wishes,

Merv
Merv, many thanks. I actually had done a keyword search on 'kits' within the Oz forum and it returned a gazillion posts, so I was hoping (against hope) that there might be a neat summary. Nonetheless, I have ploughed my way through a lot of those hits and picked up a tremendous amount of info. The comparison photos among the makes was very interesting, and has helped me come to a decision, which I'll discuss below in my second response. Thanks again!!!!