View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 04:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400TT
Graeme, sounds like you are well on the way.

I would also contact the large interstate Cobra assemblers just to get a comparison. Air fares are cheap these days to pop in and see the progress. I expect most will email you photos of the progress as well.

Doug Pearce Engineering(VIC) is someone I would definitely speak to. Independent of a manufacturer and his built many, many Cobras.

In QLD, we only have the manufacturers themselves that I can recommend to build your Cobra - Harrison & DRB.

For the sort of money you will be spending I would be shopping around as I think you will be surprised how good the options get if you look further afield.
That's definitely an option I should consider. While I will pay what I think is a fair price for what's to be delivered, I'm not a fan of sqaundering $k's either.

Quote:
Hmm, Corvette, very nice. We've had guys up here buy something like that to enjoy while their Cobra is being built. We've also had guys buy 2nd hand Cobras to drive around in while waiting for their own car to be built.
The 'vette is still on hold. I was to meet a C3 series owner and expert from the Corvette Club on site this morning so he could give it a look over and comment, but something came up at last minute and he couldn't attend. Hopefully he will be free tomorrow.

A second hand Cobra is definitely not out of the question for me, I suppose like always it depends on price and condition. The main reason I started to get serious about a build from new is the scarcity of Cobras on the market in NSW. I don't really want to travel interstate to look at cars for sale.

If somebody in Sydney is thinking of selling, then I'm a genuine and cashed-up buyer.

Cheers, Graeme