View Single Post
Old 11-23-2007, 07:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael C Henry
I have two 600 cfm 1850 holleys .I was not happy with the rate that the spark plugs went black and started fouling. I had a local tune up shop hook it up and run it on a dyno too see if it was a ignition or fueling problem. The holleys have had the choke fowers removed and were heavily romanced by Quick Fuel Technology.They came back with #73 jets . I reduced jet sizes to #66 primaries and #68 secondaries and 2.5 power valves to be sure they were closed. Testing said the engine was above 8% fuel in midrange. They said that I had enough vacume to use 6.5 powervalves. but jet size needed to be cut enough that I should start with #60 jets.They said that I was way over fueling. I'd like to get these carbs right before I switch to new 1850s with a choke for the cooler weather.
mike
i have redone my carbs and i used #63 in the front, # 25 squiters, and the stock plates in the back were to rich (# 10) so i droped the rear plates to a #6 and the fuel ratio is dead on!!!!! as for the power valves that is set by the vac. at idle and cut it in half ( 12 inchs at idle = a 6 to 6.5 valve)
pickle