View Single Post
Old 08-30-2001, 05:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Gentlemen--

I decided to try something completely different.... EBC Red Stuff pads. I've heard good things about their "Green Stuff" pads, the "Red Stuff" is a little more competition oriented, but recommended by the manufacturer. These things are kevlar compound. I'll let you know how they work once I get them. Anyone have any experience with them?

I had my car at Waterford racetrack last Friday (with the Detroit-area Miata club (!), and was very pleasantly surprised with how controlable the car was. I have most of my track experience with a '94 Mazda Rx-7 twin turbo, and was not expecting the Superformance to be so forgiving (especially with BF Goodrich Euro TA's). I figured the car would be all over the place.

Happy to report I had the fastest lap time of the day, despite Ford having a prototype V6 Miata there (as seen in Road & Track). Given the how tight Waterford is, and that we had finished the car only a week before, I was quite surprised by the results. I can only imagine what my Cobra would be capable of in more experienced hands.