Thread: hey jmarsey
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 07:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: jbl
Not Ranked     

i was curious on your ride height. i was under the impression it was you who was running the min., maybe it was someone else. i'm already into the fenders on the rear, but there is a lip on the underneath side that i may knock off which should give a little extra room. the car was designed for lower and i'd like to run it there for track use but like you said, the fenders are the limiting factor it seems, i may drop it down and try bump rubbers. i wonder how the suspension reacts to a higher ride height. maybe richard will chime in here.
i had to ask about the tires. it didn't cost anything.
you know, when i first drove the car i was surprised at how slow the steering was at lower speeds, but figured that is what was designed so it must be good. didn't seem to be too bad on the highway doing the straight and narrow although on track it could be different as you say. nothing like a sneeze/fart lane change. there is probably a compromise with steering effort. let me know which rack you use i might change mine out.
ref. the clutch/tranny, i am familiar with the setup but someone had to cut there input shaft and whatever and i am trying to avoid the pitfalls. i plan on making some calls first of the week, should be no problem. as a note i will prob. stay with the 3.** 1st to reduce wear on the clutch.
so you're a kart racer. we're racing in the tag class now with the parilla's. lot of racing and fun for the money. do heartland park, gateway, mid america, hallet. can't wait to get the jbl on track though.
pics should be forthcoming, just have to shrink them.
thanks for the info and pics, i like looking at cool stuff.
i'm looking for a quick release for the clutch line if you come across anything. i found one but was pricey.