Thread: hey jmarsey
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 06:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: jbl
Not Ranked     

welcome richard,

1. i'd agree with you on the steering. maneuvering around the drive and pulling in and out of traffic it seemed slower than what i was used to, compared to the jetta which has variable steering. like i said, at speed, highway speed, on-off ramp, and the turnaround it seemed normal with my limited experience.

2. your web site indicates other ride heights for stage 1,2 & 3. is your above recommendation the preferred height?

3. i believe my car is set up with 50# stiffer springs in the back than what is recommended. i did notice at hiway speed going over a rise in the road enough to upset the suspension that the front would settle real quick while the rear would take noticeably longer to drop to ride height where it would stay. kind of different because i have never experienced this before. is this normal or a function of the carreras and spring setup? i'm not sure what the damping and rebound settings are.

listen richard, anytime you want to give advice i'm all ears. we are pretty fortunate to have your input.

thanks again, mark.