Thread: hey jmarsey
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 09:36 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Porsche 928 S4
Not Ranked     

Duane,

John does not have to drive any "faster" to make the chassis/suspension work properly.

But he has the high ratio front rockers which are designed for very heavy braking and turn in. If you do not load the front suspension hard enough with his setup you will get initial understeer and then mid corner oversteer because you are not able to pick up the throttle early enough.

If I recall correctly you have a non ground effect pure mechanical grip piece as well.

The only reason that I mention that these chassis (Meaning most all of the "Cobra's" out there are non ground effect Morris Clements excluded ) is that much information that you read these days on line or in books about race chassis setup is speaking of more current designs and they do have some ground effect. (Even SCCA H production Bugeye sprites do nowadays.)

Even a little air management changes things quite dramatically and if you follow some of the current advise you will chase your tail quite a bit indeed.

And yes, John just needs to hammer that thing. That is what it was designed for after all.

Richard Hudgins