View Single Post
Old 09-03-2001, 03:38 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 156, ex Paxton 351, now a 392 Ford Racing Stroker
Not Ranked     

Custom Autosound makes a 'Secret Audo" am/fm stereo/cd radio that the rod boys use that hides in the trunk and is controlled by a wireless remote. they have a 'face plate' that swings down from out of sight to tell you what station etc you are on. you can get swing down speakers too that like the face plate could be out of sight when you want them, swinging down from your dash . they use fiberglass boat antennaes in trunk or in some cases under the dash too. have not seen this mounted on a Cobra but then again maybe they were 'hidden from view' and tucked up under the dash using their hinged assembly. check out the 'auto sound' website www.custom-autosound.com and select 'secretaudio'. others have mounted the radios on the Cobra dash panels and speakers underneath dash facing down and back or in back kick panels. ...my solution is cheaper and more portable , I simply use a WALKMAN ! there are times cruising in 5th gear or in slow moving traffic that one could actually here speakers / sound in my car if I had a radio...with my WALKMAN I can hear it whenever I want to drown out the exhaust and listen to a different beat. Bill.