View Single Post
Old 01-21-2008, 05:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Stock Heads on 482 motors

wrench 87 IMO I don't think that anyone buying a KCR motor in the 480+ cubes is going to run stock Edelbrock heads. They just don't have the flow in stock form for a motor this big. He has 3 stage heads and I see from reading forums that most are either stage 2 or 3. Your cam is just a little bigger than mine in my 482" motor. With 445" At least have the bowl area cleaned up. You can match port the intake and exhaust your self. There are plenty of how to videos on basic porting. Takes time. The stock heads out of the box are for replacements. They run small valves and will pass state inspections. In stock form against your stock iron heads you will pickup 10-15 hp real numbers, not what is there print advertized. The weight savings is big, about 30 pounds from iron to aluminium. The big winner is from going an all iron motor to aluminium top half, you save about 110 lbs of weight. I don't know what was done to the 342 motor but there will not be that much different in performance without matching the parts to work together. If you give me both specs on your motors, I will run them on Dyno 2000 and Dynosim and tell you the differents There should be a set or numbers on the end of the cams to tell what the lobe are. They will help alot. This program is within 5% of real numbers on a ground dyno. rick l.