View Single Post
Old 01-24-2008, 02:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2535 Indigo with White Stripes and Roush 427 SR
Not Ranked     
Default New Registration Law

I just finished registering my car under the new Nevada law. The law allows 100 replica vehicles per year to be emission exempt. There are certain rules such as pre-1968 body style, not a daily driver, etc. I started out at the Henderson DMV office. They referred me to the E. Sahara main office. According to the Sahara office, the Henderson office could have done the paperwork. I went to the Sahara office as instructed, (I always do as I am told), and they were really helpful. Roger from the emission station person ally walked me into the main building and arranged for Leland to do the paperwork. Roger obtained pre-printed step-by-step instructions from their DMV computer. Leland followed the instructions, Roger walked out into the parking lot to verify the mileage, and all fees were paid. All done in less than 1 hour. I got the replica exemption and registration renewal all in one easy stop. I also got to drive the car again today. What a great day it has been so far. Finally, the reason for the post today. My car was #29 out of an available 100. There are 71 still available. Everybody should consider this registration option if it meets your requirements. The available positions will not last the whole year. Good luck. Randy