Old 09-06-2001, 08:23 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 427SC #188 ZZ4 Crate, Tremac 3550
Send a message via AIM to Bish Wheeler
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Zderf,

Thanks for the info. I think I will give NWD a call and see about getting the car in there soon.

On a similar subject in PO blues, I recently upgraded my front brakes from 9" to 11" and in the process gave everthing "up" there a good close inspection. I found the bushing at the botom the the right shock (Carrara) was badly worn. I pulled the bolt out of the sleeve, (the bottom of the shock and the sleeve form a "T") and removed the shock so I could replace the bushing with a snythetic one. When the shock came loose the sleeve fell on the floor. The weld between the shock and the sleeve had broken (some time ago from the look of it) so the only thing holding the shock in place was the spring pressure. Talk about the "Pucker Factor". I freaked and took the left one off...same thing. Pictures passed through my mind of bending the car into some hard corners on the S. Skagit Hwy at speed...not a pretty image. I called Carrera, they told me they no longer make that kind of shock and that I would need to replace with new shocks with "Heim" bushings at the lower end. It appears that the Mustang front end "works" a bit and will break a non frexible shock mount over time. You may want to take a look at the bottom mount on your front shocks. Scared the heck out of me.

Just something else to worry about.

Bish