View Single Post
Old 01-31-2008, 02:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2009 Solbra
Not Ranked     

I broke my original glass windshield playing around with a hard top for my ride, it started as a small crack at the top but eventually worked its way all the way down and across the glass. A glass windshield was over $300 and a piece large enough to cut 6 windshields from Lexan was $125 shipped from another member of our club to my door. The other member’s glass broke for no apparent reason and since he raced his Backdraft he wanted to try the Lexan hoping it wouldn’t break. I have heard since that even the Lexan will break under racing conditions. I never really had any pits in my glass but at the corners you could see the material yellowing that is placed between the glass. The Lexan is a lot lighter and the windshield flexes a lot more than it did with the glass, plus using my wipers is out, in fear of scratching the Lexan even though it is mar- proof and tinted. If I had to do it all over glass would more than likely be the answer but a piece that wouldn’t chip I don’t think so, as even our regular cars get chipped glass when its hit be flying debris off the roads.

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.
(No doubt, most will blame it on the donuts.)
You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me
Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
The gene pool could use a little chlorine.
The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.