View Single Post
Old 02-02-2008, 06:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default You need to find another guy

wrench87 If he is talking lifter valley breather tubes in the lifter valley, this would be a no, It doesn't matter which lifters you are using( solid, hydro, solid roller, hydro roller or Schubecks) That oil helps lube the cam to lifter contact point by splash. If you where drag racing only and looking for every last HP yes you add the oil restrictors to direct the oil to the front or back of the motor. Again this is more for SBC ONLY. These are not for street motors. Limiters in the heads for the rockers,yes I use them .080" oriface. Some guys run as low as .060". I run my motor with enought oil to have the valve springs submerged in oil. This controls the valve springs from overheating and loosing there tension strength on seat pressure. If your machinist doesn't know about FE MOTORS and there issues, GO SOME PLACE ELSE.Your motor is not a SBC. He may be your best friend, again thanks and leave the building. Check around this club and see how many have had problems from machinists not knowing what they are doing with an FE motor. Before you start this motor how about a complete spec on the motor from top to bottom, carb to oil pan, leave nothing out. There is a reason there is alot of oil in the top of the motor, It's for COOLING. Does this much need to be there, no. Alot depends on your rocker setup too. I run a full roller rocker but also have oiling going from the lifters through the pushrods to the contact point between the cup and ball at the adjuster. Right now 50% of us are saying to pickup your motor and leave. What does that say to you?Rick L. If you want to talk, call me in the evening est time. 732-254-3536. There is another guy on this forum with a motor and 500 miles on it and he has problems with very low oil perssure. He went to a good machinist. His machinist doesn't know the differents between Nascar rod bearings and standard 427 bearings. A 427 nascar crank is also crossed drilled and uses twice the amount of oil as a standard motor.