View Single Post
Old 02-11-2008, 07:18 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     
Default Gaining confidence, overcoming fear

well yesterday (sunday) i FINALLY took Pepe out for a nice drive.

You may or may not remember my problem from last Fall. I was driving home from my kids school and the car just 'died'. Did it several times, and after waiting for a good while (30 minutes or so) it would 'start back up' and make it a few more miles. Took it to Rob, and he determined the old carb was done, and had been rebuilt enough.... so, i got a new carb. Well.... driving home from the shop, it cut out and DIED again! This time, right off of LBJ. Glad i wasn't on it. Well, another load up in the trailer, and I took it right back to Rob. hmmmmmm
Michael got on the phone to Gary M. and determined it probably was the ignition module (of which i had the spare Gary gave me in my tool box AT HOME)
Well, got it to Rob, and he installed it. Michael drove Pepe around Plano, etc for a good while, and didn't encounter any problems.
So. I've had the car back home all this time, and haven't driven it but a couple of times. Around the neighborhood, but staying off of major roads, highways, etc. Just not confident to do any major driving. The weather has not been steadily 'good', as in one day beautiful, the next day freezing... ya'll know...
so. Sunday looked to be as good as any, and I took to the nice country roads near me. Drove around for about half an hour, then back home. Decided to go out again, and actually CROSSED Beltline, and went to the Sonic and then to get fuel. No problems. Got on the 'service road' for hwy, 80, but didn't have the courage to actually get on 80. That's ok, tho'.
Cruised around a little bit more, thru neighborhoods, down lanes, accelerating, slowing down, basically running the car thru different gears, stops starts, etc.
No problems.
I am feeling a bit better about the whole thing.
I also took Gus out for a nice cruise with my hubby, and even got the 500 out as well. Triple play, I guess.
I am hesitant to drive Pepe very far yet, maybe a Keller's, or Fat Daddy's. Not sure. That would entail getting on a 'hiway' and I just don't know.....
Of course i could take NWhwy the whole way around from me.... hmmm

So. What do ya'll think?? Think things are 'good to go'???
Confidence coming back.....
gosh i HATE being stranded in that car!!! Very disconcerting and frazzling.

well just thought you might like an update.

K