View Single Post
Old 09-09-2001, 04:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 327 Corvette powered Healey 100-4
Not Ranked     
Default Bish & Walt's 'Indian Summer' Cobra Cruise

Bish and I still haven't gotten over the Oregon Cobra Club trip to Eagle's Crest. It was such a blast! We've decided that if we get a nice indian summer weekend on the 29th & 30th of September, we want to get in one more over-nighter before the damp, gray curtain descends. The weather is the missing factor in our plans. So if it's crappy, we bail. If it's dry, and kinda nice, we're on.

We realize that there is much going on this time of year, kids are back in school etc. etc. but, if anyone wants to join us, we'd love to have you. Here's the plan... leave saturday morn on the 29th from Bish's place in Mt. Vernon and head north. Take the North Cascades highway and then down the Methow valley to Winthrop. Stay the night there. Sunday, drive south through Chelan and then west to Leavenworth. At that point, we'll head south to Snoqualmie pass and Bish will stay on highway 2 over Stevens.

Bish has graciously offered his place as a crash pad on friday night for those who want to come up that day. Denise and I plan to do that.

So there you have it! We might be a 'group' of just 2 cars but if any of you can join in, it would be great and a wonderful way to end the the 'cobra summer' of 2001. Let us know.

Walt