View Single Post
Old 02-13-2008, 11:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC with 6 litre 307KW LS2, Comp Cam, 348rwhp & 532.5 ftlb of torque with 6L80E Tiptronic Transmission
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Knight View Post
Baz,

Thanks mate.

I had planned to head up to Canberra to do the sites there.

I will check with him and let you know. Thanks for the kind offer. PM sent.
Bernie,

I have the PM and fully understand the tight schedule. If I can help in any way at all, just let me know.

The build is going slowly. Neil Streeting who is the brains behind the build, had one of his mechanics leave him overnight with no notice, just before Christmas. That only left Neil and another mechanic to run a very busy workshop. He has finally replaced the deserter, but is way behind in where he wanted my car to be at this stage.

There's four Cobra's in his workshop requiring his mechanical expertise at the moment as well as the everyday run of general servicing for other cars.

As you will see in my 'Gallery', the under-belly and engine bay of my RMC has been painted. Once the new engine / gearbox mounts are welded into place, the chassis can go for zinc and powder coating. When that is done, I can start doing the basic bolt-on work and it should progress steadily from there.

The dash has to be drilled out for the instruments, then I can get it and the seats off to the trimmers.

It sure takes a long time, but I want an excellent finished product so I'm not rushing things.

Don't forget that if things change for Hershal and you need some help in Sydney with transport or accomodation, just left me know.

The shoulder has repaired quite well. I've played four rounds of 18 holes without any problems and it looks like I will end up with full movement.

Keep in touch.

Baz.