Thread: Bodywork pics?
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2008, 06:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley- 390 FE, 4 speed toploader, 3.50's
Not Ranked     

That is very nice, Dwight. Looks like a fun car to build...and i'm sure all the hard work will be more than worth it when it's ready. Thank you for taking the time to post them as well. I am looking for bodywork type pics, basically to see what others go through throughout the bodywork phase, and exactly what is necessary on the Cobra body...

More specifically, I'd like to have a hand in the bodywork task, as I believe doing the work yourself is rewarding...but i'm NOT a body man. LOL The guy who is supposed to do the work on mine has me talked into block sanding the body with 180 grit. He says it will give me the "feel", but i'd have to do something pretty bad to mess it up. He also states that with a little practice, I could "spread the mud and sand it too". He also says he would basically cover the entire body in filler and fine tune it from there. I was OK with the idea til then.

Again, I am not a bodyman, and I have enough respect for those who DO do it to know theres more too it than just spreading "mud" and reaching for a sanding block.

With this in mind, im curious as to what other SVC Cobras go through to make them look great. I figured i'd try the short version first, and not bore every one. LOL

Thanks again, and have a great weekend!
Greg