Thread: Aluminum blocks
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2008, 06:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Bad Day MY FAULT

azfordman Bad day, my fault. Sorry I didn't mean to come off as an @$$. If you like the FIA and small block, either the stroker motors that are going out to 427 and more or the 302 boss motor that just came out are both good choices. You will need to do your home work on both motors. Asking questions is how we all learned in the end. If you could give and idea of what you want the car to do this would help in the choices for motor, trans, rearend ratio. I fuel system is the big thing when the hood is open and evrybody goes OOOO-MMMYYYY. Shop hard for your parts. If you are going with an Aluminium body cobra I can see the $75K. If fiberglass, you are way too high for price. Even the best clones here are not that high in price. If you want to talk, call me in the evening at 732-254-3536 est time. I live in NJ Rick L. Ps There are trade offs if you are going to do both track race and street drive. 2 different suspensions will be needed to get the most out of the car, mostly springs and shocks. I can do the street to track setup in under 1 hour. At this time I am also checking the nuts and bolts for being tight before going racing. You want a softer ride on the street also. A good set of street tires can be used on the track also. I use Pilots.