View Single Post
Old 02-15-2008, 07:31 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AK1085 (302), HTM111 (427 Comp), CSX2375R (289 Comp) and Scratch 427 S/C
Not Ranked     

David,

With a million dollars.....let's see.....

This may sound corny/typical however:

I would start with a KMS 427 and build it to original comp dry sump specification. The car would use tubular steel suspension and use all the OEM Shelby details, new magnesium Halibrand wheels, all along with one slight change a KMS SS frame for years of service. The only other major deviation I would make uses the most up to date aluminum block FE available with all the best appointments money could buy. Of course the original paint scheme Rangoon Red! With every detail covered right down to the correct rear view mirror and optional 60's angle iron supports on the a-arms. So close it could even fool Ron R.

I would hope that after that I would have enough left over to talk you into making a custom replica of the Ferrari 250LM in aluminum. Of course this car would incorporate all the CNC capabilities of KMS to allow for undercarriage updates to match new exotics while taking advantage of the adjustability of today's engineering. Powered by a replica of the original powerplant in aluminum.... This car in F-Red or course.

A KMS version of an Alan Mann 40 would also be a treat as they were aluminum.

Thanks David, now I can't sleep.........Ahhhhh

Last edited by 1985 CCX; 02-15-2008 at 07:38 PM..