View Single Post
Old 02-16-2008, 09:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC with 6 litre 307KW LS2, Comp Cam, 348rwhp & 532.5 ftlb of torque with 6L80E Tiptronic Transmission
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlynMeek View Post
While we are on this subject, I DO have the clear plastic ones from Finishline, and they are EXCELLENT, but can anyone tell me where to get the polished stainless ones? I REALLY want to get some as I think they look spectacular. Does one have to get them custom built at a local shop, or is there a centralized source? (I suspect not, since all manufacturers have slightly different 'curves').

If anyone had them made, can you tell me what sort of place you went to, how much they cost you, and did you have to leave your car for them to get the correct fit?

Glyn
Glyn. The world is a small place now.

We Aussies buy stuff on the web from USA for our cars. I can't see any reason why you can't do the same and buy your stuff from Aussieland.

A bloke by the name of Don Pilling has a Cobra parts and accessories business near Brisbane in Queensland. He calls his Company, 'Snake Bite.'

I purchased my polished stainless stone guards from him as well as a heap of other stuff. At the moment, I'm half way through my build. Feel free to check out my 'Gallery'.

Before I put them onto the rear guards, I will be putting the 3m Paint Protection under the stone guards as a bit of additional protection.

His email address is:-
products@snakebite.com.au

His web site is:-
Snake Bite: Cobra Parts & Accessories for your AC Cobra 427, Cobra Kit, Ford/Shelby Cobra, Cobra Replica, Cobra Kit Car. Just click on the 'Exterior' display box and you will find the stone guards you are after under that category

Why don't you contact him and let him know that you have a Lonestar Classic then see what he can do for you. Mine wer $AU355 for the pair.

Let us know how you get on.

Baz.

Last edited by Baz; 02-16-2008 at 09:58 PM..