View Single Post
Old 02-22-2008, 09:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance SPF#2572, 427 S/O 2X4
Not Ranked     

I spoke to a tach at Digital Guard Dawg with regards to their keyless security system. Seems that they do have an automotive version, and that there is an optional push button that comes with the RF relay.

He explained operation as follows:
1. Relay is activated either by proximity or button on fob
2. Once relay is activated, push button can be used to start engine.
3. There is a 20 second time delay to start engine once relay is activated, or you will have to re-activate it.
4. Once engine is started it must be turned off manually. The RF relay can not turn it off either on purpose or by accident - (in case the fob goes out the window or the button is pushed by accident).

The push button that is included with the RF relay:
1. Has a ring around the button that glows either blue or red.
2. A partial push of the button activates the ACC circuit, and another partial push deactivates the ACC.
3. A full push of the button activates the starter. A second full push kills the engine.

I am waiting for the tech to send me a wiring schematic for the product to see how to integrate it into the car. If anyone has any other questions regarding operation or installation let me know and I will pass it along to the tech to get an answer. Cost for button and RF relay was $279, and for RF relay only was $189.