View Single Post
Old 02-26-2008, 08:27 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Not to hijack your post but the DMV does screw up from time to time. I have a 1969 Cobra that I ordered new and have had it all these years and it has been insured and licensed every year, now as a Historical Vehicle. Last year about 5 months after I got my registration I received a letter from the DMV demanding that I surrender the title on the car as it was uninsured and there was no such car as a 1969 Cobra. I called two numbers before I got the right one and told the woman to look up my plate number and then tell me it was uninsured. She took about 30 seconds and came back and apologized for whoever sent out the letter and said they showed it insured and that I was the original owner. She asked me a few questions as she and her husband are car people and when I told her it had the original tires and just over 40K miles on it she said she would love to see it if they ever get back up here to the lake on vacation. So with all the paper work, and a lot of really not so well trained people, it is easy for them to lose or send papers to the wrong people. I know this doesn't help you or answer your question, but your SB-100 number could still be laying on someones desk down there.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery