View Single Post
Old 02-26-2008, 11:13 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 4758, CSX 381 Keith Craft 482 w/ Weber 48 IDA's
Not Ranked     

Rodney,

You'll get it. I received mine earlier this month in spite of the fact that the DMV had my zip code incorrect!! The SB 100 group is a bunch of people that are called on around the first of the year to handle all of us car nuts who invade them on Jan 2nd.

I sent an appreciation letter to the Director of DMV for the work of the staff in San Clemente, and she wrote back and explained how cumbersome the system is using phone calls and having a bank of SB 100 techs in Sacto fielding the frantic calls. Once the fracus is over, they go back to their "regular" jobs, whatever they may be. I guess they have to use phones as their way of metering out the scarce sequence numbers rather than surrender them en masse to some computer programmer at a DMV office.

So it appears this is a temporary gig for most of them, and thankless at that, since the faceless wonders in Sacto never get seen or known by us who get the "face" time with our local office staff. Nevertheless, I know you'll get it. Can't wait for your mail tomorrow.

Tom