View Single Post
Old 03-01-2008, 06:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SOLD Excalibur, '94-'95 5.0 EFI, Edelbrock heads, E303 cam, 1.7RR, Cobra intake, 24lb injectors, 93 cobra ECU, 65mm TB, hi flow cats.
Not Ranked     
Default 090

Here is what I know about 090. Location New Hampshire as of Dec 06 when offered on ebay and got to $32,900, but did not sell in that auction. The current ebay listing is not the same ebay user name or location as for the prior listing. From the '06 listing: custom two color interior over riders, Shelby three spoke moto-lita wheel and shift lever, Shelby front & rear emblems, dash mounted rear view mirror, two factory side mirrors, white faced gages, silver wheels, head rest seats, black switch levers center of dash, no exhaust heat shields, sun visors, no door speakers, Hella disabler security system, AC switch right side of heater vent controls, lighter right side of dash. It was produced with a VIN right at the transistion from 1995 and '96 (085 is a '95 and 099 is a '96). The owner can tell you by looking at the title or registration. In Dec '06 it was reported to have 5100 miles. I can't explain why the current listing is stating and insisting it has 1300 miles. My guess is that the speedo was replaced in 2006 when the interior was redone and that is the mileage put on it since. 1300 miles is 100 miles a year, not likely for a car that had a custom interior redo just prior to it's apparent sale in 2006. The steering wheel, shifter, gage faces, heat shield removal, factory bumper removal, Shelby badges and dash mounted rear view mirror are most likely later upgrades/changes from the original (most of these are popular with cobra replica owners). I have several photos of it from the ebay posting last time. While they are fewer, they are better quality than the ones in the current listing. From the photos, the only change I see is that the upper intahe has been painted black. This is a rare color combination for these cars. Of the 80 or so I know details on, only three are white, one white, one white w/ red stripes and this one. Hope this helps. If you want copies of the earlier photos, send me an email at mduke@blinn.edu and I'll attach them to my reply. As stated in earlier post, I have some informational documents I can also send if you are interested.

Best wishes on your quest,

Mike