View Single Post
Old 03-12-2008, 05:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Building ERA #749 427 Cobra
Not Ranked     

The answer to your question depends on what car you are putting the system in. In my case, an ERA 427SC Cobra. I had ERA use the aluminum lines, rear to front and also run an aluminum fuel return line from tank to front on passengers side. Used braided from both ends to complete. Although there were many fittings in the Massflo supplied system, it was no where near enough to what I needed. The only advantage was the fuel pump and two filters supplied, and regulator, that goes with the system. For installation in an older non Cobra car, maybe the fuel system they supply would be OK. The other thing you need to be aware of is that if you go braided you make your own lines up. That can be easy or very hard depending on your skills.The choice you make may also be determined by State rules.
I don't like the push on stuff as the hoses may split with time at the fittings. I had a blown 05 mustang that used push on hose and I got letter from Keene Bell telling me the hose supplied was defective and might split. There are several brands of hose being sold, not sure what the best would be.