View Single Post
Old 03-13-2008, 07:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: E-M Cobra Ford FE 427 w/ Webers 48 IDA
Not Ranked     

Hi Patrickt and others,

I have contacted Keith Craft which has shyed away from the Weber setup. I have contacted other FE engine builders and they "ALL" have the same response why not use Injection or a 4 BBL setup. I am not sure who I talk to over the phone but with a response like that I would have to say that they do not have much experience with the Webers.

Honestly lets face it, many people claim to be good "FE" engine builders but when you slap on a set of Webers their tune changes.

I think we can agree that Ingese is one of leaders with Webers.

Some of you have asked why even post this thread if I plan on going with Comp recommendation. Well, like with anything I do I like to test my results before spending the money to hear what others have to say. My intensions are not to start a debate about camshafts because I have so far learned that everyone that comments needs more information to reach a final cam spec. And even then many differ for different reasons.

This is how I learn

As for crating up a motor and sending it to someone to build this motor, I would have to fly that individual down to tune the carbs in the car. I really dont think it is worth all of that to get these Webers to work.

Like I said, this is a spec cam which Inglese in conjunction with Comp Cams. Chuck from Inglese and Tim from Comp feel this would be the best solution.

I know it seems like a big cam but aren't these motors BB. When I start my Cobra I would like to hear it like a BB not tamed like the last cam.

Even from this thread I am not able to make a determination execpt to send it to someone and let them build it as they wish.

Which is fine. I am only looking for feedback / discussion.

And even then I might not be happy because once again I let someone build my motor against what I suggested.

I am just gathering thoughts feedback and suggestions

No Harm to anyone