View Single Post
Old 03-16-2008, 04:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Last comments on this

Priobe While I don't own a KCR engine he is the the for front of the FE world. He has spent thousands and thousands of dollars to design and OWN the rights to about 20 custom cams from Comp. He started with Kuntz along time ago and went his own way and is building alot of motors,Both GM and Ford. IMO Comp cams,Crane, and Holman/Moody are not into Webber carbs. The first 2 sell camshafts the Last is a Nascar racer builder for the 60-70's. I don't think webers where allowed by nascar, I could be wrong. Holman/Moody are sell 40 year old technology. I have looked at there camshafts for sale. KCR is got the latest and greatest. Keith C is not a fan of webers not to say he wouldn't build you a motor or sell a camshaft that works. Most cams are built on computors now just like my motors I build for my cobra. I use Dynosim and dyno2000. They are both within 5% or the real numbers. Crane, Comp, Isky, and the rest of the cam companies are all doing about the same thing, Build cams on computor, give or sell them to good customers for testing in the real world. If they work, they sell them if not, they are stored on disc for possible future ideas. Edelbrock I believe is the only one who has the buildings,money, engineers, computors, and machinists to do all the work in house. Inglese and weber both sell great carbs. NEITHER one sells camshafts to go with there carbs??? They rely on feed back. The only guy I know running Webers, sorry Olbergs (58MM) is running a 482 motor with a .750"+ camshaft, 11.0-1 compression and makes over 700 rwhp. This motor has been running this way since 97. The LSA is 112. He has told me that the main problem is intake valve reversion. It's a solid roller camshaft. He went through 5 customs to get this setup to work right. Total expense with the Carbs rebuilt By Gene O. was $17,000.00.dollars. This was with over 80 hours on dyno time on the car. The car runs on pumped gas high test, no adders. This is what webers can do that a single or dual 4 barrels can't. I have looked into the webers before I went with the TWM's and FI. I was told alot of info on them about every day the car runs different, and so on and so on. With a 427 motor and a .600-.630 lift, this motor will give you the best of both worlds. If you want send the numbers, I will run them and send back on a private e-mail unless you say other wise. Rick L. Good Luck Ps Phil I run beehive springs and most of the engine builders don't like them for the single spring issues. They don't know what they are missing. I am also going to a 8mm or 5/16" valve in my edelbrock heads to save more weight and drop the seat pressures. I have run beehives for 4 years and they work under the right conditions and application. No problem yet. Knock on wood.