Old 03-16-2008, 05:45 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Original ERA 427sc, Powered by Gessford
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by priobe View Post
jhv48,

I hear what you are saying and appriciate the explaination. I am only stating that this was a cam recommended by Inglese and Comp Cam. If these companies as well as others Holman Moody, Keith Craft, and Crane came back with a simular profile I do not understand why the CC members disagree.

I would like to contact Inglese with your as well other feedback to find out as to why they recommended this profile. If I am not able to have a lopy idle which I am not really expecting because a lopy idle means less vacuum than so be it.

But in order to have some sort of case as to why they are recomending this profile I have to be abe to provide them with some comments.

It seems as thou even if I were to send my motor to some of these expect FE builders I would be running into the same problem with comments.

Now,

Do you members feel that I am recieving wrongful information from Inglese and Comp?
Priobe-
Go back and look at Keith's post on page one of this thread. Keith does not agree with this cam choice and flat out said that that is too much cam for Webers and that you will not be happy with it.

Keith wrote-
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like the guys mentioned I think that is way to much camshaft for the Webbers. I do not believe you will be happy with it and that you will have problems with the Webber tuning. They do not want to turn real high rpms anyway so I would look more at a 242/ 248 with about 114 lobe seperation and .620 to .630 lift. This would be on the big side and would even go smaller if I wanted it to drive real well down in the 2000 to 3000 rpms range which is where you cruise most of the time. Good Luck, Keith

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you take no one else's advice, I would listen to what Keith wrote. And just because Inglese and Comp Cams are owned by the same company doesn't mean that the techs on the phone at either comapny are experts with the other product. After all, the same company owns KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell, but don't expect an employee of KFC to know how to make tacos or pizza or vice versa!

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning."